dont let tumblr make you think
- school isnt important
- its okay to be rude to your parents
- its normal to hate everyone
- self harm and suicide are romantic or great
- being rude is cute
- being a female who hits or yells at your boyfriend is woman empowerment
- depression and other mental illnesses are beautiful
- grades arent important
- education isnt important
- college isnt important
- smoking is cool
- drugs are cool
People have offered many potential explanations for this discrepancy, but this ad highlights the importance of the social cues that push girls away from math and science in their earliest childhood years.
So we should blame parents. Got it.
It’s not just parents who say those things, but because those statements were made to parents, they tend to say it to their children as well.
So instead of assuming this is saying to blame parents, look into what it’s really talking about, which is society’s views of gender roles, stereotypes, and expectations and the negative effect it has on everyone, especially children.
I was being sarcastic.
Sorry, my mistake. However, I think my point still stands, with the exception of my assumption of you being serious that is. Apologies again.
This is so misleading.
- Complimenting your child’s appearance does not mean that’s their only worth.
- No parents wants to spend the whole day washing tough stains from their child’s clothes.
- What she picked up no one knows where its been and it could be covered in germs that will make her sick.
- She’s messing up her room and she or the parent will spend all day cleaning it up.
- Okay, that one was unfair.
- So because she’s checking her makeup that means she’s not interested in science? What a way to stereotype.
How 270k people mistake regular parenting to sexism makes me wonder if these people even looked after kids. It’s like the feminist father shirt fiasco. Parenting is not putting girls down. And what’s problematic with this ad is it’s assuming if a girl isn’t going to join a male-dominated field, it’s because she was “discouraged” by her parents, not because she has other interests. I didn’t become a graphic designer because I didn’t think I can be a scientist or an engineer. I’m creative and I like art and things simple to my interest. You can make a hundred ads and programs for women to be in STEM, but that doesn’t mean every single woman will volunteer and it has nothing to do with low self esteem. That’s the real reason why women aren’t in STEM, because women have different interests and that’s okay.
-Indigo (who’s still on break)
Came up with a flag for robosexuality, since it’s probably going to be a century at the most before we do have sentient robots, and people end up having deep relationships of a platonic, romantic, or sexual nature with said robots.
I incorporated the rainbow flag to show all orientations and genders, and the gray and white acknowledge asexuality on both humans’ and robots’ parts as well. Not all robots will be built for or want sexual relations, so I wanted to include the platonic and romantic sides.
Hope you and your followers like!
OH MY GOD MY BOX TINGLES WITH EXCITEMENT!
A flag for people who want to fuck robots.
What a time to be alive.